- Dynamic Residential Group Pty Ltd A.C.N 611 950 844 as Trustee for the Dynamic Residential Trust A.B.N. 95 523 566 318
- Dynamic Real Estate (Aust) Pty Ltd A.C.N 168 206 013
- Dynamic Assets Management (Vic) Pty Ltd A.C.N 621 780 667 as Trustee for Dynamic Assets Management (VIC) Unit Trust – ABN 71 106 124 880
(“collectively known as Dynamic Residential”).
Dynamic Residential will comply with the Australian Privacy Principles when collecting, handling, disclosing and storing your personal information.
Your privacy is important to Dynamic Residential. We will not publish your name in connection with any information you provide without your permission.
If you do not provide us with your personal information, some enhanced services, like the right to access our property guides, will be unavailable to you. If you do provide us with your personal information, we will protect it in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles.
What is Personal information?
Each time you contact us, you may provide us with personal information about yourself that we need to use to provide you with our services.
The term “Personal Information” means information from which your identity is reasonably apparent. This may include your name, address, telephone number, email address and profession or occupation.
This Personal Information may include information or an opinion about you, or credit information about you.
What Personal Information do we collect?
- mailing or street address
- email address
- telephone number
- facsimile number
- age or birth date
- profession, occupation or job title
- bank account details
- details of the products and services you have purchased or enquired about from us or our clients, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and to respond to your enquiries
We may also collect some information that is not personal information because it does not identify you or anyone else. For example, we may collect anonymous answers to surveys or aggregated information about how users use our website.
Why do we collect your Personal Information?
We will only use or disclose your Personal Information for the primary purpose of our business or purposes related to our business activities which include but not limited to:
- Perform our business activities and functions.
- Provide the best possible quality of customer service.
- Provide products and services to you.
- Send communications requested by you.
- Answer enquiries from you.
- Provide information or advice about existing and new products or services that we offer.
- Provide you with access to protected areas of our website.
- Conduct business processing functions.
- Administrative, marketing (including direct marketing), planning, product or service development, quality control and research purposes.
- Update our records and keep your contact details up to date.
- Respond to any complaint made by you.
- Comply with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator, or in co-operation with any governmental authority of any country (or political sub-division of a country).
In that regard, Dynamic Residential may disclose Personal Information to:
You consent to the use and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with the above.
- communicating with us or by continuing to request our services which includes but not limited to attending one of our offices, attending an open for inspection, making enquiries via internet, email or phone;
- providing us with your Personal Information in paper-based forms or electronic forms including online forms;
- communicating with us in face-to-face meetings;
- information obtained in an exchange of business cards;
- providing us with your contact details and consenting in writing for such details to be conveyed to a mortgage broker or financier;
- Providing us with your contact details for such details to be conveyed to third party organisations that Dynamic Residential may engage to provide our services;
- visiting our website or participating in an online enquiry;
- entering competitions, promotions or completing surveys or providing feedback;
- visiting any website or social media site established by us, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Google+, Youtube, Vimeo and Linked In (“Social Media Sites”);
- by participating in any activity on a Social Media Site; and
- subscribing to our newsletter/blog.
Can you Access your Personal Information?
You can find out what personal information we have about you, and amend or update your personal information, by contacting us through email or phone.
If any of your Personal Information is incorrect, inaccurate or out of date, you may request that we correct the information.
How do we store your Personal Information?
We use all reasonable efforts to keep your personal information secure, accurate and up-to-date. Your personal information is stored behind firewalls.
You can assist us to keep your personal information secure by ensuring that any username or password provided to you is kept confidential.
We may use cloud storage to store the personal information we hold about you. The cloud storage and the IT servers may be located outside Australia.
We may disclose your personal information to overseas entities that provide support functions to us.
Users in the European Economic Area (“EEA”)
If you access our website from the EEA, you have the rights under the General Data Protection Regulation to:
- Be informed of the use of your personal data.
- Access your personal data.
- Request correction of your personal data.
- Request removal of your personal data.
- Object to our use of your personal data.
- Request that the use of your personal data be limited.
- Request portability of your personal data.
- Object to automated decision making and profiling.
We do not provide your personal information to other organisations for the purposes of direct marketing.
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our products and services that we consider may be of interest to you. These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS, fax and email, in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Spam Act 2003 (Cth).
If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method whenever practical to do so. In addition, at any time you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us (see the details below) or by using the opt-out facilities provided in the marketing communications.
We will only collect sensitive information about you with your consent. Sensitive information is personal information that includes information relating to your racial or ethnic origin, political persuasion, memberships in trade or professional associations or trade unions, sexual preferences, criminal record, or health.
If you have any complaints about the way in which your Personal Information is managed by Dynamic Residential, then you should first raise your issue with the representative or property manager who is handling your business.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome from the relevant Dynamic Residential representative, you can also make a complaint directly to the Managing Director Francis Yang at email@example.com 0424 473 811.
If you are dissatisfied with the response of Dynamic Residential, then you may make a complaint to the Privacy Commissioner.